Quality Standards for Developing a Textbook
Following are the standards involved in developing a textbook.
- Understanding curriculum and pedagogy of the subject
- Developing thematic map of each unit / chapter by including helping & key concepts
- Developing one chapter with illustrations etc. and get it pre tested with the targeted audience
- Making amendments in the 1st draft of the chapter in the light of data received from pre testing
- Developing final draft of one chapter alogwith illustrations and graphics and taking it to the targeted group for full satisfaction that manuscript would achieve the curriculum target
- Developing the rest of the chapters in line with the scheme developed for the 1st chapter